METCO, a single source provider of installation, service, and environmental consulting for all types of fuel systems applications seeks a Calibration Technician.
Customers include retail gas stations, municipalities and government institutions that maintain vehicle fleets and commercial facilities that utilize backup generator and boiler systems.
METCO serves multiple states and is dedicated to living up to their standard of "Excellence through experience." METCO is headquartered in Hillsboro, WI, with an environmental division located in La Crosse, WI.
To learn more about METCO or to obtain an employment application, visit www.metcohq.com.
A calibration technician performs accurate calibration of fuel dispensing meters to ensure that the meters will pass inspection by local Weights and Measures officials. This position also performs proper inspection, testing, and maintenance of equipment at gas stations and commercial fueling facilities. METCO provides all training.
• Perform the process of adjusting a metering device in a fuel dispenser so that the volume of fuel actually dispensed and the volume indicated by the meter are within tolerances set by the local authority having jurisdiction (Weights and Measures).
• Perform compliance inspections of storage tank and fuel dispensing systems.
• Test pipelines, line leak detectors, tank monitors, cathodics, and hose continuity.
• Perform general service calls such as changing filters, pumping water from tanks and sumps, changing hoses/nozzles, etc.
• Assist with installation of dispensers, submersibles, tank monitors, tanks, piping, etc.
• Work safely in accordance with METCO guidelines and OSHA Standards.
• Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
• Maintain industry/manufacturer certifications. We provide all training.
• Read, analyze, and interpret regulatory standards and manufacturer recommendations.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Apply customer satisfaction and field service techniques.
• Apply troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Monday through Friday.
• Start times will vary, but is typically 8:00. End time is upon job completion.
• Requires availability to rotate on call for after hour services.
• Overnight stays will be required most of the time.
• Reports to various locations. Technicians typically get dispatched from their home.
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply, please send your completed employment application to:
Attention: Jenny Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Fax to: 608-489-2389